Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

the error prompt when i try to install netbackup 7.5 on server 2008

Created: 10 Apr 2013 | 4 comments

Hi ,All

When i try to install netbackup 7.5 on server 2008 which hardware and os both are 64bit .there is a error hint occur which is "Cloud not resolve product code from MSI,Wrong MSI file speified",, I run out of all my idea .but the proble still there .is there a someone who meet this before or have a any idea ?that would be very appreciated !!!alao please see the attachment  for reference.

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

sazz.'s picture

Just couple of things:

Make sure you have extracted the files and not trying to run it from the zip folder itself.

It is ws 2008 so make sure you run it as administrator.

Make sure that your download copy is good and complete. it should not be corrupt or incomplete. Try downloading again and see if it resolves the issue 

Yasuhisa Ishikawa's picture

This looks like same with this.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-while-installing-netbackup-75

Please check fololwing points:

• Did you run browser directly in zip file?
  • Did you run it with "Run as Administrator" option?

Authorized Symantec Consultant(ASC) Data Protection in Tokyo, Japan

bianmingkai's picture

Hi ,thanks for reply and help .  i assure i am using administrator to run that ,but i am not sure of i just download the identical file with the orignal one ,maybe get corrupted by the way of downloading .i will download it again ,thanks for the hint

inn_kam's picture

well bianmingkai

Try two more things

1. Disable UAC  user settings in controlpanel in windows 2008 

2. Run Setup.exe file not msi file with right click on run as administrator