Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Error PXE booting Dell E6430 - PXE-35: TFTP Read Timeout

Created: 02 Jan 2013 • Updated: 03 Jan 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I setup DS 7.1 recently and I am having issues PXE booting a Dell Latitude E6430. I added nic and storage drivers from Dell and Intel both to Preboot, but still have no success. I get these errors

PXE-E35: TFTP read timeout

PXE-E39 : TFTP cannot read from connection

I have no issues booting other Dell models.

Thanks,

Husein.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

This article is for 6.n but gives you a good idea of what might cause such errors:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH6262

It might not be because it's a 6430 but because it's new it's a MAC address not known to the server.

You could try putting a hub in between if you think it's a hardware specific issue or use a docking station you know works with other models.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

huseinm's picture

Thanks Andy for the reply.

I found the issue on our end, the DHCP scope was configured to start handing out addresses from .2 and the router IP is .2. I changed the scope to start handing out addresses from .11 and it works now.

SOLUTION
andykn101's picture

Thanks for letting us know, someone else may have the same issue one day.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.