Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  ERROR IN SEP MIGRATING FROM EMBEDDED DATABASE TO SQL 2000

Posted Jul 02, 2009 08:33 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

At present we have SEPM with embedded database. Now we are planning to migrate to SQL. But when i am doing the same according to the steps given in the installation guide it is throwing error: FAILDED TO CONNECT TO THE DATABASE PLEASE MAKE SURE LOGIN ID IS CORRECT.

Can any one tell me what is the problem even after giving the correct password of the SQL database which i have created in SQL.

Attached is the screen shot for reference.

Regards,
    Krishna.

• 2.  RE: ERROR IN SEP MIGRATING FROM EMBEDDED DATABASE TO SQL 2000

Posted Jul 02, 2009 08:41 AM
    Hi,

The sem5 account should be used for SQL authentication only - it is not valid with Windows Authentication

During the installation, the windows authentication user name/password is not only used to authenticate with DB server and create the related SEM5 DB and tables, but also used to set the anonymous account access privilege to our SEPM web site.

When choosing "Windows Authentication" mode, it basically means that we are talking NTLM, which is a domain concept.

• 3.  RE: ERROR IN SEP MIGRATING FROM EMBEDDED DATABASE TO SQL 2000

Posted Jul 02, 2009 08:58 AM

• 4.  RE: ERROR IN SEP MIGRATING FROM EMBEDDED DATABASE TO SQL 2000

Posted Jul 04, 2009 02:08 AM
    Seems to be a rights / permission issue. Do you have the account name that you are using to connect with DBO or ddl_datareader, ddl_datawriter, etc rights properly configured?

Also, is the user account you are using enabled on the SQL server? You can check this by logging into the SQL Server Mgmt Studio and checking the properties of the account and check if it is Enabled or Disabled.