Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Error trying to pull up Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console after Upgrade to 11.07 MP3

Created: 24 Dec 2012 • Updated: 14 Jan 2013 | 15 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I successfully went from 11.06 to 11.07 without any problems and everything worked GREAT.

My next step was to go from 11.07 to 11.07 MP3 - - the upgrade seemed to work, it updated the database and everything without a problem and when I got into the SEPM Console the 1st time it worked OK - -went into ADMIN and started to create a INSTALL Package and it logged me off.

Tried to get back into the SEPM Console and now I get an error -  "Administrator not found - (0x11010000)"  and wont let me in ....

I looked the error up online and it says its a disk space problem on the drive where SEPM is installed - - ummm, OK - - it has 9.36 GB of space Free, how much more does it need ??    Can anyone help me out with this one ??

Thanks for your time and hope you all have a Happy Holiday Season

Comments 15 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Can you log in at all? With another user name?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

I dont have any other usernames setup ... I was able to get in today and get the HOME dashboard to load -- - -it timed out on me tho - - I got busy with something else and never got back to it

I have 12.8 GB of free space and had 9.3 before

Does it need contiguous space ??

Ajit Jha's picture

Are u being able to login using other account?? Also restart the SEPM and DB service and then try. Usually this Error indicates the Caused by Disk Space

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Ashish-Sharma's picture

HI,

Check this artical

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager failures caused by a lack of available disk space.

Article:TECH104610  |  Created: 2008-01-07  |  Updated: 2008-01-11  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104610

If your problem not resolved,,,

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x: Best Practices for Disaster Recovery with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Article:TECH102333  |  Created: 2007-01-21  |  Updated: 2011-11-09  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102333

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

I was able to get in today ....  and the HOME page came up and reloaded OK

it timed out on me and logged itself out because I got tied up with opther things

Wont get abck to it till Thursday evening

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Please increase the JAVA  Heap Space as described in the following KB article.

Tuning the Performance of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105179

Secondly , if this appears even after the following the steps of the above article, then upload us the "scm-server-0.log" file.

This file is located in "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\logs".

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

OK ....

I could get into the Console

I could see the updates

I could get into the CLIENTS

I could now even get into ADMIN and INSTALL PACKAGES now ....

HOWEVER ... I still cant CREATE/EXPORT  the install packages

I start to do the export is says :

WAITING FOR MANAGEMENT SERVER TO GET READY

AFTER about 2 - 4 minutes - - I get a POP-UP Box saying this

Management server is not yet ready for exporting this package. Please retry after a few minutes.

I have done that, I have logged out and then back in - I have let it sit for 15 minutes logged off and tried again --  nothing

Even went as far as to shutdown the machine and then turn it all back on

Still no luck - - any ideas ?????

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

Mithun Sanghavi
Going to try the setting tomorrow A.M.
Thanks - -will let you know how it goes ..
FYI I also DEFRAGGED the drive

Mike

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

OK ....

I could get into the Console

I could see the updates

I could get into the CLIENTS

I could now even get into ADMIN and INSTALL PACKAGES now ....

HOWEVER ... I still cant CREATE/EXPORT the install packages

I start to do the export is says :

WAITING FOR MANAGEMENT SERVER TO GET READY

AFTER about 2 - 4 minutes - - I get a POP-UP Box saying this

Management server is not yet ready for exporting this package. Please retry after a few minutes.

I have done that, I have logged out and then back in - I have let it sit for 15 minutes logged off and tried again -- nothing

Even went as far as to shutdown the machine and then turn it all back on

Still no luck - - any ideas - - anyone - - PLEASSSSSEE ?????

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

sepm_42108633.out file I see this

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

This file was created at the exact time the error above showed up

dont know if that helps or not
\
I need chg the 3 settings that I was asked as described in :
Tuning the Performance of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105179

This next part is from the AJAXswing.log file:
2013/01/03 14:39:26:556 : Thread-2 : [com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1] Exception while warming up client agent for applicaton sepm (Exception java.rmi.ConnectException, Connection refused to host: 10.2.39.40; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.2.39.40; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:128)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.ClientAgentImpl_Stub.ping(Unknown Source)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1.run(ClientAgentFactory.java:173)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:425)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:208)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:40)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:146)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:613)
... 5 more
2013/01/03 14:41:38:622 : Thread-2 : [com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1] Exception while warming up client agent for applicaton sepm (Exception com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.AjaxSwingException, Timed out while waiting for a new JVM process. Possible reasons are:

• Application classes are not not found
  • JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set correctly (see AjaxSwing/bin/setEnv.bat)
  • AJAXSWING_HOME environment variable is not set correctly (see AjaxSwing/bin/setEnv.bat)
  • System configuration prevents AjaxSwing Router from launching agent process
  • The timeout value for router.agentWaitTimeout in default.properties is too low

Check AjaxSwing log files for application errors.
Double check that you have made your classes available to AjaxSwing and that you can run AjaxSwing/bin/clientagent[.bat] with correct parameters manually)
com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.AjaxSwingException: Timed out while waiting for a new JVM process. Possible reasons are:

• JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set correctly (see AjaxSwing/bin/setEnv.bat)
  • AJAXSWING_HOME environment variable is not set correctly (see AjaxSwing/bin/setEnv.bat)
  • The timeout value for router.agentWaitTimeout in default.properties is too low

Double check that you have made your classes available to AjaxSwing and that you can run AjaxSwing/bin/clientagent[.bat] with correct parameters manually
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.waitForJVM(JVMFactory.java:207)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.launchJVM(JVMFactory.java:129)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.getAvailableJVM(JVMFactory.java:62)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory.createNewAgent(ClientAgentFactory.java:248)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1.run(ClientAgentFactory.java:168)
2013/01/03 14:43:48:828 : Thread-2 : [com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1] Exception while warming up client agent for applicaton sepm (Exception com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.AjaxSwingException, Timed out while waiting for a new JVM process. Possible reasons are:

Double check that you have made your classes available to AjaxSwing and that you can run AjaxSwing/bin/clientagent[.bat] with correct parameters manually)
com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.AjaxSwingException: Timed out while waiting for a new JVM process. Possible reasons are:

Double check that you have made your classes available to AjaxSwing and that you can run AjaxSwing/bin/clientagent[.bat] with correct parameters manually
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.waitForJVM(JVMFactory.java:207)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.launchJVM(JVMFactory.java:129)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.JVMFactory.getAvailableJVM(JVMFactory.java:62)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory.createNewAgent(ClientAgentFactory.java:248)
at com.creamtec.ajaxswing.core.ClientAgentFactory$1.run(ClientAgentFactory.java:168)

Ashish-Sharma's picture

Hi,

Please create support ticket for same..

Phone numbers to contact Tech Support:-

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000

India: Toll-Free 000 800 4401 456 directly

How to create a new case in MySupport

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58873

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Check this Article:

Management server is not yet ready for exporting this package

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143359

I would suggest you to try Disaster recovery of SEPM by following steps provided in the Article below:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x: Best Practices for Disaster Recovery with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102333

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Prashant_S's picture

Hi, 

before exporting the package , please check if LU is running in the background.If yes Kill the LU Process and start exoprting the package again.

Thanks,

Prashant

Frosty_Sk8r's picture

OK ....  here's what fixed it

THE TECH NOTE above where i says to change the JAVA HEAP SPACE entered by MITHUN SANGHANI was a big helkp to get me into the Manager Console - however it seemed to break a link or something

I called Support and Jibby from the Support group had me do a REPAIR on the SEPM product - once I did, I then also had to uncheck the ADD to Group box in the EXPORT Function in order for me to be able to get the EXPORT to work.

once its was created I showed my counter-part what I did to make it work and saw that the MIN setting for the HEAP SPACE got changed, so went out and changed it back to what the article recommended it be - - once I did that all "Seemed" ok - - - until I tried to create another EXPORT Package - - same problem as before -  sooooooo did a REPAIR on the SEPM product - once I did, I then also had to uncheck the ADD to Group box in the EXPORT Function and the EXPORT to worked.

Now I have my 2 Export Packages and can push the client out to users/servers

Thank you for all of your help

SOLUTION