Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Error when updating from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3

Posted Aug 25, 2009 08:21 PM
    Server was running 11.0.2.  I started the update to 11.0.3 and it completed.
    I went to open the Console and nothing happened.  I went to services and noticed that Symantec Embedded Database and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager were both stopped.
    I attempted to start both and receive an error that stating the service can not start.  Same happens when I try to start the other service.

Running a repair does not resolve the issue.  I have even tried to reinstall the application and receive an error:

Unable to copy installation file (.\sepm\sav.xml) to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager application

Assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Clients are protected as of today.

• 2.  RE: Error when updating from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2009 08:59 PM
    Hi,

Since you are unable to start the embedded database service, the SEPM service will also not start as it depends on the embedded database service. The embedded database service fails to start if the embedded database is corrupt. The only option in this case is to uninstall SEPM along with the database and reinstall it with a fresh database.

When you reinstall SEPM make sure you copy the installation files locally on the server and then run the setup.exe to install SEPM. Also, make sure that you install the application locally on the server and not through any RDP session. If you need to install it through an RDP session, check the following article.

Installing, Managing, Replicating SEP or SEPM in an RDP or Dameware session is expected to fail.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061215013248

I hope this helps :-)

• 3.  RE: Error when updating from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3

Posted Aug 25, 2009 09:00 PM
    You can call the support & get the cleanwipe tool so thta you can uninstall the product from the registery then try to install in it should work.

• 4.  RE: Error when updating from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3