Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Errors on BE 12.0

Created: 24 Jan 2013 • Updated: 01 Feb 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have two errors for Backup Exec 12.0 that I need solutions for:

1. I have encountered error V-79-57344-33035 (Physical Volume Library Drive not found) for a virtual machine, with no idea how to fix this issue.

2. The tape drives that are attached can't be installed using the tapeinst.exe because it can't discover the drives that are attached to the server.

The virtual machine that is being used is VMWare vSphere, the OS is Windows Server 2003, and the tape drive is a Dell PowerVault 114X.

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Please note tape device with virtual machine "This configuration has not been tested by Symantec and therefore, this is considered an Alternative Configurations"

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146293

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70246

Hope that helps

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Kiran Bandi's picture

As already pointed it is an alternate configuration!

If you still want to use this config and the problem to be corrected, Check if the device is visible to virtual server first! If not you have to correct that first. If device manager detects the device whereas tapeinst is not, might be a problem with RSM service. Disblae Removable Storage Manager service, if not already! Then check if tapeinst can detect the device.

Thanks!

Millerb1's picture

After working on this, I figured out that the tape devices needed to be added manually through the VMWare Infrastructure Client by editing the virtual machine's settings and adding them all as a SCSI device. This is now resolved.

SOLUTION
Millerb1's picture

I am now having new issues. I've run the BE Support Tool and come across these error codes:

15 vmscsi System Error DRREYNOLDS The device, \Device\Scsi\vmscsi1, is not ready for access yet.

271 PlugPlayManager System Information DRREYNOLDS The Plug and Play operation cannot be completed because a device driver is preventing the device from stopping. The name of the device driver is listed as the vetoing service name below. Vetoed device: SCSI\SEQUENTIAL&VEN_IBM&PROD_ULTRIUM-HH4&REV_97F1\4&5FCAAFC&0&000200 Vetoing device: SCSI\Sequential&Ven_IBM&Prod_ULTRIUM-HH4&Rev_97F1\4&5fcaafc&0&000200 Vetoing service name: FileSystem\RAW Veto type 6: PNP_VetoDevice When Windows attempts to install, upgrade, remove, or reconfigure a device, it queries the driver responsible for that device to confirm that the operation can be performed. If any of these drivers denies permission (query-removal veto), then the computer must be restarted in order to complete the operation. User Action Restart your computer.

There is a new tape drive that I am trying to install is recognize by tapeinst.exe, but not by BE and not by Windows Server 2003. It is a Seagate Viper 200, so it is on the HCL. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ignore this, the drive itself was faulty. This issue is resolved.