Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Errors in Delivery Q -(14cddc8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'

Posted Jan 27, 2009 04:46 AM

Running Mail Security for SMTP patch 189

In the delivery queue I currently have 400+ mails, the vast majority with the following error message

(14cddc8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'.

or

(9acf5a8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'.

Most of these mails look like they are SPAM messages, but they just sit in the queue and prevent other mail from being sent. 

It looks like this started after installing the WSUS software on the same machine, this has now been removed and if I manually delete the mails from the queues we can send/receive mail

Any ideas what is happening, and how I can prevent these messages from queueing?

many thanks

• 2.  RE: Errors in Delivery Q -(14cddc8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'

Posted Jan 27, 2009 05:00 AM

Have also seen in the event log, the following message

SMS-SMTP-MySQL: Table '.\brightmail\spam_message' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

I don't know My SQL at all, any pointers on repairing would be greatly appreciated

• 3.  RE: Errors in Delivery Q -(14cddc8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'

Posted Jan 27, 2009 05:51 AM

Have run the table repairs as recommended here

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-gate.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/d7556750bb49c6b78825734c00828bfe?OpenDocument

but am still having the same problems

Have also updated to patch 200, which I understand to be the latest release for 5.01

• 4.  RE: Errors in Delivery Q -(14cddc8) SMTP command'[end data dot]'got error'421 Closing Connection'
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2009 09:05 AM

right, managed to resolve the corrupt table issue.

I had to rename the file extension on spam_message and re run the repair commands.

I compared the 3 spam_message extensions with the other tables and made sure that they matched

SPAM is now being removed from the queue correctly

unfortunately, i still have to log in and manually flush the delivery queue else the messages never get delivered, but thats another problem for another post....

Message Edited by jkeogh on 01-28-2009 06:05 AM