Video Screencast Help

EV 11 for Domino Search error with SSO

Created: 16 May 2014 • Updated: 30 May 2014 | 6 comments
Stato71's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I'm having issues trying to get EV 11 for Domino search to allow users to login with Web SSO.

I have run through the test process suggested here;

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-...

And I can reach names.nsf on the EVDG server but the EnterpriseVaultDomino/search/DominoLogin.aspx login fails every time.

When I run a DTrace I see the follow error but am not sure what this means or what I do to fix it, any suggestions, the server has been rebooted.

8    11:11:29.344     [2900]    (w3wp)    <3804>    EV:L    CBaseDirectoryServiceWrapper::CreateDirectoryService() - Entry [m_nNumTries = 40]
9    11:11:29.344     [2900]    (w3wp)    <3804>    EV:L    CBaseDirectoryServiceWrapper::CreateDirectoryService() - Successfully communicated with an EV Directory Service on the local machine
10    11:11:29.344     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-L    {EVS} Begin ContentManagementService::GetDominoServer()
11    11:11:29.344     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-L    {EVS} Begin ContentSource::GetDominoServer() For Domaincpxmiglab
12    11:11:29.422     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-L    {EVS} Server string successfully retrieved from Database, value is cpxevdg01.cpxmiglab.local:443@S
13    11:11:29.422     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-L    {EVS} End ContentSource::GetDominoServer() For Domaincpxmiglab
14    11:11:29.422     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-L    {EVS} End ContentManagementService::GetDominoServer()
15    11:11:29.438     [2900]    (w3wp)    <8048>    EV-H    {EVS} Exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Info:Exception occured while validating user 'evadmin%2fcpxmiglab'. ||  Diag: Type:System.Net.WebException ST:   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)|   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()|   at Symantec.EV.Search.Client.Presentation.Presenters.LoginPresenter.AuthenticateDominoUser(String userName, String password, String dominoDomain) Inner:System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)|   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)|   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)|   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)|   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)|   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)|   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)|   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)|   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)|   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)|   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Merv's picture

looks to me like SSL issue http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61866

refer to point 3

 

 

Stato71's picture

Force Login on SSL is already disabled.

Paul Honey's picture

Hi Stato71,

This error is occurring in new code introduced in EV11 to support integration between Domino and the new Search application so it really needs some investigation by Support and probably escalation to Engineering to determine exactly what is going on, in particular to determine what HTTP / or HTTPS 'underlying connection' is being closed by which server and why.

Can you get a support case open and post the case number back here so that I can ensure the relevant engineers help progress the case suitably

Thanks

Paul

Paul Honey | Enterprise Vault Engineering | Customer Focus Team (CFT) | Symantec Corporation | www.symantec.com

Stato71's picture

Thanks Paul,

I just realised we are still running a beta version of EV 11 in this environment, so I think I need to upgrade to the full release and retest.

If I'm still getting issue after that I'll log it with support.

Regards

Chris

Paul Honey's picture

For sure, upgrade first, and post back here if it is still occurring and the support case number, as I have already asked the Dev team for any ideas on possible root cause or troubleshooting suggestions, so I'll make sure the case progresses if there is an issue remaining with the full release.

Regards

Paul

Paul Honey | Enterprise Vault Engineering | Customer Focus Team (CFT) | Symantec Corporation | www.symantec.com

Stato71's picture

I appear to have resolved the issue.  Not sure if this was a EV 11 beta issue, a Domino configuration issue or something I was doing wrong with the authentication credentials.

With EV 11 full release version I have been able to access the Domino Search with SSO by entering the username as firstname lastname/domino domain name, password as the internet password for that user and domain as the domino domain name.

I am sure I tried this combination for authentication using the beta version of EV 11 but I'm not 100%.

Either way I have it working now.

SOLUTION