EV 9 to EV 10 migration plan
Can someone please review my plan below to migrate the existing old EV 9 server into new EV 10 server ?
This is the high level plan whch I have on top of my mind at the moment.
My plan is to do the following migration steps to cutover the existing Exchange 2007 mailbox server archiving from EV 9.0 into EV 10:
- Enable Collections in all EV VaultStore for all Partitions opens and close
- Fully backup all EV 9 VaultStore partition using Symantec NetBackup v7.6.
- Write / backup the EV closed partition 1 to 20 to LTO-5 Tape with forever retention to be restored later on EV 10 when user tried to retrieve it.
- Set data past 1 years to be purged to reduce the disk space.
- Run EV migration wizard so that the remaining 2 years data is transferred successfully to EV 10 into CIFS share in one go.
- Once the VaultStore data migration is completed, the old EV 9 and SQL 2005 DB server can be fully decommissioned.
- All Exchange Server 2007 SP3 mailbox & Journal archive now handled by EV 10.
The Index partition will be commisioned the same size as the old EV 9 server that is 2 TB.
is there any steps that I missed from the above ?