EV for Domino DNS Query
Our Company been using EV for Domino for Over 4 years now currently on release 9.0.3 - W2k3 Server.
Enviroment is as follows : 1 x EVDG & 1 x Domino Mail Server
The majority of our users are offline using local replication to connect back to the mail server using ADSL connection.
Here is my issue....
Our EVDG has all the DNS allias setup etc as per the standard setup guide and this works for users connected to the LAN where the EVDG is located. The issues I have is for my external users that are connecting in via the internet the only way I can get them access to archived attachments in the Vault is by adding an entry in the local hosts file with the external IP Address (NAT) and hostsname of the EVDG - servername.domain.local
Managing the host file is becoming increasingly frustrating becuase of the amount of users. Tried LN connection documents however EV seems to bypass these.
Using the host file does work just wondered what other people did ?
Nothing more frustrating then
Nothing more frustrating then stumbling accross someone with the same issue on a forum but they dont post the fix so here is how I resolved my issue. This was the official response from Symantec Tech Support today however I resolved the issue last week.
How To Change The Archive Server and Archive Server URL
The following steps are required to change Archive Server and Archive Server URL for the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway (EVDG) server.
As these fields acquire their server component from the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway (EVDG) server information in the EVDominoServer SQL table, we can directly affect the data stored in this table by updating the Domino server document.
1. Login to the IBM Domino Administrator using an administrator account.
2. Select File Open Server from the Menu, then select the Enterprise Vault Domino Gateway (EVDG) Server.
3. Go to the Configuration tab and go to Server/Current Server document.
4. Select Edit Server.
5. Change the "Fully qualified Internet host name" from the internal host name to the external host name.
6. Select Save.
7. Restart the Domino Server of the (EVDG). The EVDominoHousekeeping task registers and updates the EVDominoServer table in SQL with this new
value in the DNSName column.
8. Confirm the external host name has been updated in the DNSName column of the EVDG server record in the EVDominoServer SQL table in the
9. Run Provisioning Task from the EV Administration Console to force this update out to the EV profile document in each user's mail file.
10. Once the above steps are completed, confirm that the external host name is reflected in the About Enterprise Vault > Technical Support> Archive Server
URL field of the user mail file.
11. Lotus Notes and iNotes / (DWA) retrieval requests are now directed to the external host name or alias