Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

EV for Mac 10.0.2.1057 login failure

Created: 15 Nov 2012 • Updated: 15 Nov 2012 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I'm running OS X 10.8.2 and finally got to attempt authentication thanks to the release of EV for Mac 10.0.2.1057. Unfortunately the logins are failing. My credentials are correct.

I found http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag... but I'm not clear on whether that's my problem or not. Strangely enough we do have a newly established one-way trust to another forest. I'm not crossing that though. My account is in the same domain as the Exchange servers and my mailbox. Does the mere presence of a one-way trust cause this issue? Any news on a forthcoming fix for the issue described on 165380?

T.I.A.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

If you don't have a linked mailbox, then it shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

I'd suggest contacting Support and seeing what they say.

Don't suppose you've tried :

* Same extensions on OSX Lion, in the same environment?

* Regular 10.0.2 extensions on OSX Lion, in the same environment?

mcnaugha's picture

Haven't tried that yet. But I'll do that now. Thanks.

mcnaugha's picture

I am waiting to hear from my Exchange admin but I now think I could have a linked mailbox. I think they have our Exchange servers in a separate resource domain. I think the one-way trust will be deliberate so there will be no changing it. Guess I need to hope for a hotfix soon. sad

mcnaugha's picture

My Exchange admin has come back saying they're not in a separate resource domain/forest and my mailbox isn't linked.

So is this down to the mere presence of a forest trust that I'm not even crossing? Or is something else wrong here? I can authenticate to the EV web portal.

mcnaugha's picture

angry PEBKAC situation. If I'd been entering the right password in the first place I wouldn't have posted here. blush It's working fine with 10.0.2.1057.

SOLUTION
Rob.Wilcox's picture

Well, at least you got it sorted .. that's the main thing !