EV search.asp returns failed to perform the search request if user is not archived on that host
My environment consists of EV 9.0.2 with 3 Journaling servers, 4 mailbox archiving servers and a DA server. When a user goes to the webapp on any server that does not archive their mailbox, they are unable to get search results back.
For example, User A is archived by a task on MailArch01, but goes to http://MailArch04/enterprisevault/search.asp to search for an email, they will get "failed to perform the search request" returned. No events are logged in the event log. However, if User A goes to http://MailArch01/enterprisevault/search.asp to search, they get the expected results showing archived items.
So, I am getting no cross server search ability from the webapp search. But, if I do a search from the admin console on any user from any archive, it works properly.
So far I have done the following:
- On the EnterpriseVault site in IIS, ensured Anonymous Authentication disabled, also that Basic and Windows Authentication are enabled
- For Basic Authentication, ensured Default domain and Realm were entered.
- Added DOMAIN=XXXX to the webapp.ini file
- Verified vault service account has access to all servers and archives.
- Run “Rebuild Index” on several mailboxes that I am using for testing.
Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated!