EV task is running but no email being archived
I've been trying to figure out this issue that I am having for the last 2-days.
I have EV 18.104.22.1683 running on Windows Server 2003 Std Ed. w/ SP2 and Exchange 2010 (ver 14.02.0283.003) with a DAG setup running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise w/ SP1.
I just realized that EV has stopped archiving email for a while now.
Things I've checked:
1. All the DAG servers (active and standby) are on EV target list
2. My policy specifies all email older than 3 months should be archived
3. All services under Enterprise Vault Servers are running, i.e. Task Controller, Shopping, Indexing, and Storage
4. Archiving Task for all DAG servers are running (I have tasks that are running by using the Vault Service Account and by explicitly specifying the account that is a member of the local administrators on the DAG servers and a member of Organizational Management group.
5. On the event viewer I saw a warning telling me when each DAG server was scanned, and they are not too long ago, they are like 2-3 days ago (but why I don't see email being archived? or new email being archived? I checked randomly on different mailboxes on the "active" DAG servers and I can see email from last year not being archived. Am I missing something here?
6. I have also looked at this help article from the EV Doc Library:
Status: Days since Exchange mailboxes scanned for new items
Monitoring tab alert name: Days since Exchange mailboxes scanned for new items
Problem: Enterprise Vault has not checked users' Exchange Server mailboxes for new items to archive.
This problem can cause any of the following:
Quota problems for users. Because Enterprise Vault has not scanned mailboxes or archived from them, users may run out of mailbox space if mailbox quotas are enabled. Users who are nearly out of mailbox space receive warning emails from Exchange Server. This problem can lead to calls to your help desk.
Users who search archived items may receive incomplete search results because unarchived items have not been indexed.
Enterprise Vault cannot remove those old shortcuts that correspond to the archived items that have been deleted by expiry. These shortcuts are now broken and possibly need to be deleted for compliance purposes.
If you search user mailboxes for compliance reasons, the search results may be incomplete because items have not been indexed.
Enterprise Vault does not update archives to synchronize the location of moved items. The different locations may look strange to users. Also, users who restore items may find that the items may not be restored to the expected folders.
Enterprise Vault does not update archives to synchronize changes in permissions.
- The Exchange mailbox archiving task may not be able to start or may not be able to connect to Exchange Server. There may be a problem with permissions. Check the Enterprise Vault event log for errors.
- There may be a problem with the task logon account. The mailbox that the Exchange mailbox archiving task uses to log on to Exchange Server may have been disabled or deleted. In the Administration Console, check the properties of the task to make sure that the correct logon account is specified. Check that the logon account has the correct permissions.
- The Exchange mailbox archiving task may be stopped intentionally. For example, the task may be stopped because the Exchange Server is not longer used. If the task is not longer needed you may decide to disable or delete the task.
- Run the checks again to make sure that you have corrected the problem.
I have checked step 2-4 with luck - The only thing I didn't try is to run the script on the exchange server.
I gladly appreciate if someone can help me out either by pointing me to the right docs or troubleshooting guides.