Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Event 40966

Created: 30 Jan 2011 • Updated: 07 Feb 2011 | 5 comments
Meatball's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi, I am getting the following errors in the events 40966 with task category as "none".

this happens at least every 5 min and because of the amount of errors i get 3310 as well.

i have looked online but i cannot find anything that is close to this error.

The error is as follows: 

A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

Diagnostic:

Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Reference:

Command Line: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe -a \\.\pipe\iisipmcb92fa69-0aed-4f19-b05e-983df8330e47 -v "v2.0" -l "webengine4.dll" -h "C:\inetpub\temp\apppools\EnterpriseVaultAppPool.config" -w "" -m 1 -t 20 -ap "EnterpriseVaultAppPool"

Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/EnterpriseVault-1-129409315437795520

Process Id: 4308

Thread Id: 10168

Stack Trace: at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)

at System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second, Int32 millisecond)

at DesktopClientCacheWeb.GetSlotWithServer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs args)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mohawk Marvin's picture

What version of EV do you use and what OS is it on?

Meatball's picture

Hey Mohawk Marvin ,

We are currently on Ev 9.0, Win 2008 x64 and archiving from Exch 2007.

I have 2 Ev mailbox servers and i got the error on both but after applying this Technote http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH74885&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US    i only get the above error on 1 of them.

Any Ideas

Meatball's picture

After troubleshooting for a while i found that it was a Vault Cache issue from 1 user, I reset the vault cache and the error dissapeared.

For some reason the client was sending a date and time value in an incorrect format.  We had a similar problem in 8.0 SP2 but it was fixed in SP3.  I can only speculate that it was some sort of environmental glitch on a particular PC (I couldn't see any indication that other PC's were having the same issue in the IIS logs).  To identify affected PC's in the future (if this occurs again) search the IIS log for a call to GetSlotWithServer.aspx ending in a 500 (internal server error) code as per the example below:

POST /EnterpriseVault/GetSlotWithServer.aspx - 80 DOMAIN\Username <IP address> EnterpriseVaultOutlookExt-V8.0.3.1845 500 0 0 125

If you cross-reference these errors with the time of the 40966 error message you should be able to determine which PC is affected. 

One thing to be aware of is that the 40966 error message is very generic in Enterprise Vault.  The detail of this event should contain the error below if it relates to this issue:

Exception: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime

SOLUTION
Mohawk Marvin's picture

Nice find Meatball, stick a solution flag on and that way others can use this thread as a point of reference

Meatball's picture

Thanks Mohawk Marvin , done,,,kdoi,

Done,