Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Event ID 17207 / Cannot find the file BE_DLO.mdf

Created: 18 Jun 2013 • Updated: 18 Jun 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi there,

I noticed the Service Backup Exec DLO Administration Service is not started. In the application log on the server I see an error that it is missing a file (that file is indeed missing).

How can I get this file back? It seems to be missing for a while. But back-ups are running fine to tapes.

Thanks.

Marcel

---

FCB::Open: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\Apps\SQL Server\Data\BE_DLO.mdf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Colin Weaver's picture

Backup to tape does not use DLO (Desktop Laptop Option) - DLO is a system for data on end users workstations/laptops etc to be copied as a backup to a folder on a network share.It is not used for server level backups or full DR capability. DLO is really a separate product that was bundled into Backup Exec and in the latest version is no longer bundled and is a completely stand alone product.

Are you actually using DLO, as if you are/were not then you do not need to start the service and don't need the MDF.

SOLUTION
MarcelB's picture

Colin. Thanks for the answer. I asume not, so disabling the service is the best solution then.

Thanks.

-

Marcel