Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Event ID 17207 / Cannot find the file BE_DLO.mdf

Created: 18 Jun 2013 • Updated: 18 Jun 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi there,

I noticed the Service Backup Exec DLO Administration Service is not started. In the application log on the server I see an error that it is missing a file (that file is indeed missing).

How can I get this file back? It seems to be missing for a while. But back-ups are running fine to tapes.

Thanks.

Marcel

---

FCB::Open: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\Apps\SQL Server\Data\BE_DLO.mdf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Colin Weaver's picture

Backup to tape does not use DLO (Desktop Laptop Option) - DLO is a system for data on end users workstations/laptops etc to be copied as a backup to a folder on a network share.It is not used for server level backups or full DR capability. DLO is really a separate product that was bundled into Backup Exec and in the latest version is no longer bundled and is a completely stand alone product.

Are you actually using DLO, as if you are/were not then you do not need to start the service and don't need the MDF.

SOLUTION
MarcelB's picture

Colin. Thanks for the answer. I asume not, so disabling the service is the best solution then.

Thanks.

-

Marcel