Video Screencast Help

Event ID: 41293 index service admin Description:Compilation Error

Created: 15 Aug 2012 • Updated: 06 Sep 2012 | 7 comments
Ronen Tzimbel's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

hello,

after I upgrade enterprise vault 9 sp2 to 10 sp1

The Index Server not start

I get the following error:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Enterprise Vault

Date:          15/08/2012 14:39:57

Event ID:      41293

Task Category: Index Admin Service

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

Description:

Compilation Error

also I get In dtrace :

Exception: The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<html>|    <head>|        <title>Compilation Error</title>|        <style>|         body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} |         p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}|         b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}|         H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }|         H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }|         pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}|         .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}|         .version {color: gray;}|         .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}|         .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }|        </style>|    </head>|    <body bgcolor="white">|            <span><H1>Server Error in '/EVIndexing' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>|            <h2> <i>Compilation Error</i> </h'. Info: Diag: Type:System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException ST:|Server stack trace: |   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)|   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)|Exception rethrown at [0]: |   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)|   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.IndexingEngineService.VelocitySrvRef.VelocityPort.RepositoryListXml(RepositoryListXmlRequest request)|   at lambda_method(ExecutionScope , VelocityPort )|   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Runtime.WCF.WCFProxy`1.Invoke[TResult](Expression`1 method)|   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Common.IndexingWCFProxy`1.Invoke[TResult](Expression`1 method) Inner:System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.|   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()|   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
823 14:10:01.067  [1896] (EVIndexAdminService) <7992> EV~E |Event ID: 41293 Compilation Error

please advice me

Thanks Ronen

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

JesusWept3's picture

first guess would be to reinstall binaries and reboot

Ronen Tzimbel's picture

Hi

I allready   do that

and it`s not resolve the issue

Ronen

TonySterling's picture

You could try this

How to reset the 64-bit Indexing Engine following corruption of core data files.

Article:HOWTO59060  |  Created: 2011-08-26  |  Updated: 2011-08-26  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO59060

Ronen Tzimbel's picture

Hello,

the problem resolve by:

granted the IIS_IUSERS full control rights to the windows temp folder to resolve

it`s bug !!

Ronen

JesusWept3's picture

To be fair, that isn't a bug, thats just a regular Permissions issue on the NTFS side of things.
Because the indexing is used through IIS and a virtual directory, it has to rely on whatever permissions are set on the NTFS side of things, so if you don't have things like Authenticated Users or what not, it can cause a lot of issues.

Typically you'll see this more in environments when they lock down the system drive to be only creator owner, system and Administrators, and then you have end users getting prompted for credentials and nothing working when they attempt to archive or retrieve items or go to any of the webapps

SOLUTION
Ronen Tzimbel's picture

so,

why It`s working  before I upgrade to Enterprise Vault 10 sp1 ?

Ronen