Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Event ID 4145, Can threshold be changed?

Created: 24 Jul 2013 • Updated: 24 Jul 2013 | 3 comments
Scott _Hastings's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have a 2TB Volume that has ~ 90GB left. That's ~ 93% full. The threshold is 90% to get a 4145 Event ID thrown. I get monitoring alerts for these.

Is there anyway to change the threshold on a drive or a server so that a 4145 Event ID will not be thrown until the volume is @ 95% full?

Thanks!!

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Take a look at my blog post:

http://thingsilearnedtoday.net/2013/06/20/enterprise-vault-resource-protection/

It links to a technote with how to configure the resource protection in Enterprise Vault.

Pradeep_Papnai's picture

As far I remember, you can configure disk monitoring of free space in megabytes available instead of percentage used, a registry DWORD, MonitorDiskFreeMb, should be created and set to a 1.

For 32-bit servers:
HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/MonitorDiskFreeMb

For 64-bit servers:
HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/MonitorDiskFreeMb

If MonitorDiskFreeMb is set then the following Warning and Critical registry values should be created and must contain a value in megabytes instead of percentages.

HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/Disk/Warning (DWORD set to the number of MB required, default 750MB)
HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/Disk/Critical (DWORD set to the number of MB required, default 500MB)

SOLUTION
Scott _Hastings's picture

Thanks Rob.... Do you know the threshold it must meet to get this Event?