Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Event ID 4145, Can threshold be changed?

Created: 24 Jul 2013 • Updated: 24 Jul 2013 | 3 comments
Scott _Hastings's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have a 2TB Volume that has ~ 90GB left. That's ~ 93% full. The threshold is 90% to get a 4145 Event ID thrown. I get monitoring alerts for these.

Is there anyway to change the threshold on a drive or a server so that a 4145 Event ID will not be thrown until the volume is @ 95% full?

Thanks!!

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Take a look at my blog post:

http://thingsilearnedtoday.net/2013/06/20/enterprise-vault-resource-protection/

It links to a technote with how to configure the resource protection in Enterprise Vault.

Pradeep_Papnai's picture

As far I remember, you can configure disk monitoring of free space in megabytes available instead of percentage used, a registry DWORD, MonitorDiskFreeMb, should be created and set to a 1.

For 32-bit servers:
HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/MonitorDiskFreeMb

For 64-bit servers:
HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/MonitorDiskFreeMb

If MonitorDiskFreeMb is set then the following Warning and Critical registry values should be created and must contain a value in megabytes instead of percentages.

HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/Disk/Warning (DWORD set to the number of MB required, default 750MB)
HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/AdminService/Disk/Critical (DWORD set to the number of MB required, default 500MB)

SOLUTION
Scott _Hastings's picture

Thanks Rob.... Do you know the threshold it must meet to get this Event?