Endpoint SWAT: Protect the Endpoint Community

View Only
  • 1.  Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 23, 2013 01:46 AM

Hallo All how are you ? hope your having a Great Day :)

I have a question,

since the last two days the symantec server is not running properly, every time i restart it dosnt run, it stuck on the loading windows until i restart a lot of times or restore point, so after the windows started i went to the Computer Managment and checked the Event ID for the Symantec and i found this msg:

Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM ) on Client PC

The description for Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Symantec Endpoint Protection contains licenses that are about to expire.
    Total licensed seats : 25
    Used license seats :  17

now the part of licenses need renew i know that but the upper part what could be the issue ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 23, 2013 01:48 AM

and when i went to the Symantec Server i found this event: 

The description for Event ID ( 40 ) in Source ( Symantec Endpoint Protection Client ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 

Symantec Endpoint Protection has determined that the virus definitions are missing on this computer. This computer will remain unprotected from viruses until virus definitions are downloaded to this computer.Application has encountered an error.

Its on Symantec Endpoint 12.1

• 3.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 23, 2013 04:12 AM

That is the normal message when no definitions are loaded. are you sure that symantec is stoppping the system? did you find any other event msg which are critical?

Did you also find event id 13. Follow this document

Event ID 13: "SescLU - LiveUpdate returned a non-critical error. Available content may have failed to install."

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91615

why dont you upgrade to 12.1.3 is available on fileconnect and lot of issue are fixed.

• 4.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 24, 2013 03:21 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Are you running the Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1?

If yes, when Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE license is about to expire , you receive this message.

In SEP 12.1 SBE after grace period expiry you will get notifications about same and After the end date the ability to download content and submit to Insight is revoked.The client displays a red cross status and clear messaging show that the license is expired.

Check the Attachment.

I would request you to please upgrade the License if expired.

Hope that helps!!

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 30, 2013 12:56 AM

@ Rafeeq, not really, the only thing that is making me crazy all the systems are giving me error in Event ID 15, Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b).  The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Enrollment will not be performed.

its killing me and i am not sure if the problem is from symantec really.

@Mithun, thanks i am waiting for the licence to arrive hopfully it will arrive today to tom.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 30, 2013 12:58 AM

and by the way if this help, the symantec always show me 

svchost.exe is blocked

dont know if this help but i am trying to allow it and cant find where.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Event ID ( 7101 ) in Source ( SEPM )

Posted Jun 30, 2013 06:13 AM

hi,

if you have received error svchost.exe is blocked

you can check this thread for similar problem releated

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/constant-notification-traffic-has-been-blocked-application-svchostexe#comment-8122021