United Kingdom Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents error on 7.1.2 MP1.1 v8RU SMP

Posted Feb 24, 2014 03:07 PM

source="Altiris.TaskManagement.ClientTask.*" module="AtrsHost.exe" process="AtrsHost" pid="1424" thread="39" tickCount="5178172"><![CDATA[EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents: restore event list because - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:50120
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SecureRemoting.SecureRemotingClient.EstablishConnection()
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SecureRemoting.SecureRemotingClient.AttempSendRequest(String service, Hashtable input)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SecureRemoting.SecureRemotingClient.SendRequestI(String service, Hashtable input)
       at Altiris.DotNetLib.Sockets.SecureRemoting.SecureRemotingClient.SendRequest(String service, Hashtable input)
       at Altiris.ClientTask.Server.EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents()

Occasionally my SMP boots up fine; however, the majority of the time it records the above error message all the time.

When I look at the services, I find that the "Altiris Client Task Data Loader" service hasnt started, and when I attempt to start it, it fails to do so in a timely fashion (error 1053).

• 2.  RE: EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents error on 7.1.2 MP1.1 v8RU SMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 06:37 AM

Hi SK,

"CoreSettings.config" isn't corrupted?

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents error on 7.1.2 MP1.1 v8RU SMP

Posted Mar 05, 2014 02:38 PM

No it isnt and it doesnt have any reference to that service in it anyway.

• 4.  RE: EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents error on 7.1.2 MP1.1 v8RU SMP

Posted Mar 10, 2014 03:17 PM

If I enable the VM NAT NIC before starting the VM, then these errors are not recorded; however, the service needs to be manually started.

If only the custom VM NIC is enabled before starting the VM, these errors are recorded and the service cannot be started manually.

Any ideas why this is as its a real pain, as this TS service should not need an internet connection in order to work?

• 5.  RE: EventReportingManager.ProcessEvents error on 7.1.2 MP1.1 v8RU SMP

Posted Aug 21, 2014 03:04 AM

Scott,

It has to do with Certificate Revocation List (CRL) lookup.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH192580

I found that 30% percent of my Task Servers were not running properly because of this despite their green status on console. When I disabled CRL lookup the problem has gone for good.

I hope it helps.

Tomasz