Video Screencast Help

Excesive TCP 8014 traffic from SEP Clients to SEPM Server in version 12.1 RU2

Created: 16 Jul 2013 | 5 comments
Clodo's picture

I've 16,000 clients with SEP 12.1 RU2, at serveral sites in the network is configured GUP´s. All was working fine but suddenly a lot of clients started to generate excesive traffic with port TCP 8014 to SEPM Server. The monitoring presents high levels the bandwidth use.

I have 3 servers with Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and SEPM installed on each, the DB is at cluster SQL 2008.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

_Brian's picture

Could be content updates. Is it one specific site or all? Check a client to see where it got updates from.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Clodo's picture

Hi Brian81,

Correctly are content updates, I configured the Communication Settigs in Pull mode with Heartbeat of 12 hours for GUP´s and 4 hours for the others clients.

The GUP´s and other clients are going to updates to the 3 Servers with installed SEPM.

Clodo's picture

Hi pete_4u2002,

I configured the Communication Settigs in Pull mode with Heartbeat of 12 hours for GUP´s and 4 hours for the others clients.

PGA_CR's picture

Ok have many ideas of things that you can check.

1. How big delta files are? and full.zip? you need to check this info on the site and on the client
  2. I guest tha you have many Gups and you use the content Distribution monitor? if  the anwser is yes how is the traffic betwen sepm and clients
  3. If the heartbeat is a large  problably the clients needs more revisions and increase the size of the definitions, will be bigger.
  4. if you are using Gups you will neeed at least 42 content revisions.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH95353

:)