Video Screencast Help

Exchange 2003 GRT restore failing. BE 2012

Created: 12 May 2014 • Updated: 13 May 2014 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello, having a problem doing a GRT restore of a user's email box on our in house 2003 exchange server. I get the following error.

 

 

Job ended: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:21:23 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

 

From reading, it appears might be related to the account I am trying to use to do the restore. When we configured BE 2012 originally, we used my AD account since it had exchange admin rights. We are in the process of migrating to office 365 and my email box has been moved already to the cloud. The email we are trying to restore is local. Credential test is ok with my AD account, but restore fails. I tried another exchange admin account. Credential test ok, but I get a different error and the restore fails.

Job ended: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 2:18:53 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000febd - The Logon account you specified must correspond to a unique mailbox.
For example "admin" isn't unique if there is an "administrator" account.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65213

I am backing up to local storage and duplicating to tape. The restore fails with either media. I can see the data, but just can't get it to restore. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Colin Weaver's picture

If urgent you could try a restore to PST (which Needs Outlook installed on something that also has the Agent for Windows)

Typically you would not install Outlook an your Exchange server, but could possibly install it on your actual media server. Also I am not sure that this restore/redirect to PST option works with Outlook 2013, so suggest one ot two versions  older.

 

 

 

 

Mai Ali's picture

For Error  0xe000febd, You can check below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH28298

Also verify that you admin account have permission access on all user mailboxes because by default on Office 365, you won't have access although you are global admin. you can verify using powershell "get-MailboxPermission".

To assign permission, you can use below command

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity <Mailbox ID1> -User <Mailbox ID2>-AccessRights FullAccess

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

Twitter: Mai Ali

 

lmosla's picture

Hi,

Check the BESA account settings to make sure there aren't any pieces missing in the Exchange requirements such as the BE Mailbox unhidden in the GAL etc...  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH21357

mdwdrw's picture

Ok, I believe I have solved the problem. For the original error, it was that the AD account we were using to run the exchange backups with had been migrated from our in house exchange 2003 server to the cloud. I suspected this was the problem yesterday and attempted to run the restore using the "service" account. the second error was because the "service" account was not unique enough to our exchange environment to run the restore successfully. Search AD, I found 4 objects with "service" in their name.

 

I created a new user by copying my AD account called Symantec Operator. I let that account populate through AD and our exchange server over the night. This am, I was able to successfully restore items from the exchange backup with the new account. Thank you for the suggestions. Also, I did not realize I could restore to a pst. I had noticed that option, but never did anything with it. I also did a full restore to our Recovery Storage Group on the exchange server and that was successful. Whew. thanks again. mark

SOLUTION