Exchange 2007 logs not truncated, NetBackup 7.0
The same policy does truncate logs during the weekends but never during weekdays, weekday back ups always hit time window (4hrs) and finish usually more than hour earlier than time window ends.
It used to work perfectly until recently, nothing has changed on either back up nor Exchange server. I recreated back up policy from scratch thinking maybe policy is corrupt but there is no difference.
There are other back up jobs with pretty much same settings backing up different Information Stores (on the same server) and successfully truncating logs.
Few details about environment, logs etc.
- NOT using snapshot back up or Instant Recovery (someone suggested to start using snapshot back ups but it worked erlier without this option enabled)
- Single Exchange 2007 server, Windows 2003, not replicating nor clustered etc
- Backups are successful with status of 0 (Full back ups)
- Master server is running NBU 7.0, mail server has 7.0.1 client installed
- The Exchange logs indicate the backups were successful, I always see the following events: 221, 223, 213 (ending back up of edb file, starting back up of log files and back up successfully completed)
- BPBKAR log files states (can't figure out what is causing this):
12:20:24.223: [4328.9084] <16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (432) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer)
12:20:24.223: [4328.9084] <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: WRN - Abnormal backup status, Exchange Transaction Logs were not truncated