Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Exchange 2010 Backup to disk and GRT Error

Created: 13 Nov 2012 • Updated: 21 Nov 2012 | 2 comments

I ran a full backup of exchaneg 2010 using dedup and its going to a SAN and GRT file system. The job took forever and then finally failed. The error message is:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000393 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-915

V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-1022 There is a disk IO error. '

If I go to that link and look at the different articles it mostly speaks about Exchange 2010 Incremental backups using DAG. Meanwhile this was an Exchange Full backup I ran and we do not use DAG.

Any ideas? I am using BUEX 2010 R3 all updated installed and remote agent is updated.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Donald Eady's picture

Take a look at the following document... you can skip over # 5 in the solution 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH146433

I hope this posting was helpful

pkh's picture

It could be that you SAN is having problems.  Try doing the backup to a B2D folder on a disk which is not part of yoru SAN