Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Exchange 2010 DAG

Created: 15 Mar 2013 | 3 comments

Hi,

I m having the exchange 2010 DAG setup in my environment.i need a backup of this setup.my setup is

== >  CAS/HUB in one(1) machine .

===> Mailbox Role in another two(2)machines.

How can i install the backup Exe ? BE  install on  any one machine or all machines?

i have trailware BE .

can any body explain / any related help documents.

Regards

Gouse

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Colin Weaver's picture

The remote aagent software need to be installed on the CAS and both mailbox servers. Probably safer if the Backup Exec media server is a separate physical server with the target storage devices (tape disk etc) attached

Gousemeera's picture

Hi,

Thanks for your update. you have  any DAG backup related help documents?

please provide me .

Regards,

Gouse

Mange_24S's picture

How to add the DAG to BE is described in detail in the adminguide for BE.

What BE version are you using?

If 2012;

- Check that you have the license for applications and databases for the two mailbox role servers.

- Check that you have the remote agent license for the CAS role server (regular windows agent license)

- Add server.>Exchange DAG->Specify DAG cluster name (virtual dns name for the mscs in DAG)->Discover both servers->Choose to install the remote agent on both servers->Done!

(You may have to restart the DAG-member servers to make sure backup work properly after installing the remote agent).

If you want to be able to restore e-mails you have to restore to the CAS since it is the only role handling MAPI that is used by restores. Add the CAS server to BE using Add server.