Video Screencast Help

exchange 2010 job not backing up

Created: 21 Sep 2012 | 2 comments

Hello, 

we are running backup exec 2012 sp1 and the the jobs for our exchange server are failing with the following error:

V-79-57344-4627 - The volume for the staging location must meet the following requirements:
It is a writable NTFS volume that is local to the Backup Exec server
It is the same sector size as the volume from which the Exchange log files were backed up
It is not shared through Distributed File System
See the job log for more details.

When clicking on the link, it goes to a dead page.  There are other jobs that are backing up to this device that has 1.24 TB free of 5.44 TB and I am at a loss of what steps to take from here.

Thank you for any assistance

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

SuperBrain's picture

By default the staging location in Backup Exec is set to C:\temp folder.

Please make sure the Staging location meets all the requirements mentioned in the error message + ensure the folder set for Staging is not hidden.

Also, try to change the staging location.. Create a temp directory on another volume and set the Staging locaiton to that volume.. thn attempt to run the job again.

Staging locaiton can be changed by:

1. Clicking on Backup Exec button

2. Configuration and Settings - Backup Exec Settings

3. Go to Granular Recovery Technology option and change the path.

Let us know if this helps.... 

As per this technote --> http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73360

The volume that is used for a staging location for backup jobs should meet the following requirements:
 - It is local to the Backup Exec server
 - It does not have any file size limitations

Additionally, Symantec recommends the following to avoid disk space problems:
 - It should not be a system volume
 - It should have at least 1 GB of available space
Bulbous's picture

I am running into this problem, but it is very intermittent. I am backing up to tape. Disk space is not a problem. Permissions are correct.