Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

Is Exchange 2013 CU1 considered as a major release, which needs to be validate in Compatibility Chart?

Created: 25 Apr 2013 • Updated: 25 Apr 2013 | 3 comments
Ksimir's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi everybody!

I'm wondering if Exchange 2013 CU1 should be considered as a major release, which needs Symantec validation through Compatibility Chart document?

Because, until now, RU (Rollup Update) wasn't considered as a major release in opposite to Exchange SP (Service Pack). And Microsoft had annouce that starting Exchange 2013, the new servicing model will be CU instead of RU. There will still be some SP released.

I'm planning to migrate my Exchange 2010 SP3 to Exchange 2013 CU1 (which finally support coexistence) and my question was simple: is EV 10 SP3 supports Exchange 2013 CU1?

Thank you for help!

Samir

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

There was a comment sent out to partners the other day which says:

<snip>

 

Exchange 2010 SP3 is now supported for both 9.x and 10.x versions (no fixes required)*

Exchange 2013 CU1 is now supported for 10.x versions (no fixes required)*

 

*There is a small problem with the EV throttling PowerShell script which appears to break with the above Exchange versions meaning new EV installations may be a challenge. Existing EV installations i.e. upgrades, will not be a problem.

EV 10.0.4 will resolve this issue and a technote will be published for other EV versions explaining how to resolve.

Compatibility guide will be updated and published to this effect later this week.

</snip>

I'd suggest waiting a day or three for the Compatibility list to published, and to have a read of the technote which is coming - then you should be all set.

 

SOLUTION
Ksimir's picture

Thank you for the this quick answer Rob! 

I will wait few days for the Compatibility list to be updated.

Rob.Wilcox's picture

You are welcome.  I think it's important just to wait to check if anything else is caveated, rather than going ahead and coming unstuck.