Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Exchange 2013 Restore Failure - 2810

Created: 28 Aug 2013 • Updated: 30 Aug 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Dear Forum,

Setup Details : Master / Media on Solaris 10 with NBU 7.5.0.6

Client : W2K12 with Exchange 2013 and NBU 7.5.0.6 full package installer as per download list.

Problem : I am able to backup exchange 2013 without any issues and logs also getting purged. No GRT.

BUT....

While restoring it is failing with error code 2810. Need to know whether i have to select "Redirect to Recovery Storage Group" as we do it for Exchange 2007 etc.

Pls. share the process/procedure for restoring exchange 2013 backups,  if different from exch 2007.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

NBU2010's picture

just to update here 1 thing more...i had selected "REDIRECT TO RSG" and had got this error.

Thanks

Marianne's picture

Please see steps and video in this URL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41852

Steps should be the same for 2013. 

You need to create the Recovery Database (RDB) in Exchange first of all - see above link.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

SOLUTION
NBU2010's picture

Hello Marianne,

I have done the changes as per information in the link and was able to restore successfully.

Only i need to know regarding Roll Forward and Point in time recovery.