Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

Exchange DAG Backup fails with Error V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology:

Created: 22 May 2013 • Updated: 23 May 2013 | 2 comments
RaviP's picture

Hi

I have 2 Backup exec 2012 servers with all updates and two node DAG of exchange 2010 (in a cross site). When I am takeing backup of exchange DAG in one site of Active Database copies, backup job started and started Snapshoot Processing for near bout 30-40 Min. and after that I get fails with the error

V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

I follow the article provided by symantec http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201312&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1369288207616

I did not found EnableVSSWriter regkey in the registry I created the key with the value "1" and restarted the Microsoft Exchange Replication service but still I am facing problem.

Please help if you have any solution

Thanks in Advance.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Omar Elsharqawy's picture

Try to reboot the Exchange server this will allow VSS  to become aware of the changes. After the Reboot run the backup job again, or backup exchange from the active copy by selecting the option under settings in job properties. Please refer to the below link hope it can help:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH139703

RaviP's picture

Thanks for Your Reply Omar.

In my Senario We have two node cross site DAG, with two IPs one for each site. i.e. 172.16.175.x and 172.16.187.x

The primary ip is 172.16.175.x. Some days back our DAG get falied over to 172.16.187.x IP. after that backup starts failed with about mentioned error.

After much finding we again done the failover to primary IP and backup starts normaly.

but I am still unable to understand why it happens. It should take backup with alternat IP.