Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Expected Behavior? 3419 could not access Exchange Server. The dispenser will queue the current item and sleep for 60 seconds.

Created: 21 Aug 2013 • Updated: 21 Aug 2013 | 7 comments
Scott _Hastings's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

If Databases have been failed over to another DAG Member (There are no targets on this Archiving Task)  The targets are all on the other DAG Member Archiving task. Would you expect to see this? It makes sense to me.

TY!!

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

That's it Tony. It tries to run for 16 seconds or so and then sleeps for 10 minutes. 

GabeV's picture

Let's say that the Exchange DB's where fail over from ExchangeA to ExchangeB. This message is expected for the archiving task for ExchangeA. If you look at the archiving tasks properties for ExchangeB, you should see the DBs under Targets. If ExchangeA is down, then it's normal.

I hope this helps.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

SOLUTION
JesusWept3's picture

Depending on the frequency that this happens, you may want to adjust the 10 minute sleep time to something lower if its a problem

JW, it's not a problem bc there are no mailboxes on that server. The only problem is an event ID triggered.

Would it make sense to out the EV System MBX on a database that is not part of a DAG Group?

AndrewB's picture

i think so

Andy Becker | Authorized Symantec Consultant | Trace3 | Symantec National Partner | www.trace3.com