Expired BackUps on Tapes do not overwrited from jobs
we are using BackUp Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 OS and we are experiencing the below issue:
- We enter in our Tape Library 2 tapes with data on them. When tha tape is entered in library the media recognized as scratch media (expected) and when the 1st job start writing on the tape all of the backups exist on the tape are inherit media set`s retention period and so an expired date.
- In this case after the 1st job is completed the most of the backups are taking an expired date of 6th of November while today we have 11th of November. (expected)and correct).
- When the 2nd job start wriniting on the tapes after a period of time the tapes get full, the expired backups are not overwrited from the job and so the backup job is running without writing anything since no more space is available...
- It wouldn`t be right if the backup job overwrites the expired data automatically?
- What extra procedures do i need to do so for this to be working as described above?