Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Export of personal Good and Bad Senders lists - SMG 10.5.3

Posted Jul 07, 2015 03:22 PM

I was told prior to paying for my Symantec.Cloud Spam solution, that there was a way to export the personal Good and Bad senders list out of the hardware based quarantine so that it could be imported into the cloud based solution.

I have been asking support for MONTHS now for this information.

To date, they have given me an excel spreadsheet that I can put the data into so that it can be imported into the cloud based quarantine, but not the instructions on how to export it from my on-premise appliance (Model 8380 runnint SMG 10.5.3)

I am now being told that since the appliance is end of support, they wont open a ticket for me and the only way to get this information (hopefully) is to get it from here.

Can someone please give me the instructions to export this information from my appliance so that I can complete the migration to the cloud based solution.

Thank you for any and all assistance you can offer.

• 2.  RE: Export of personal Good and Bad Senders lists - SMG 10.5.3

Posted Jul 07, 2015 03:55 PM

By the way, unless there is way of accessing the commands below via anything other than a PUTTY SSH connection, the below does not work.

1. Login to the CLI as support.

2. Run the command "cd /opt/Symantec/Brightmail/mysql/bin"

3. Run the command "./mysqldump -h127.0.0.1 -ubrightmailuser -p`cat /data/etc/.brightmailuser` brightmail settings_user_pref > /tmp/userprefdump.sql"

4. Use WinSCP and the support account to pull the file off the system.

The system tells me the CD command does not work and the LS command has been replaced with the List command. The List command does not "list" any folder structure even close to what is listed above.

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Export of personal Good and Bad Senders lists - SMG 10.5.3

Posted Jul 07, 2015 04:20 PM

Figured out how to use the above commands. You must login with support

Appliance> set-support
    Warning: Do NOT execute this script without explicit direction from a Symantec
    Customer Support person.
    Changing password for user support.
    New password:
    BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word
    Retype new password:
    passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
    User support enabled until 01/04/2010.
    Appliance> logout
    Connection to 192.168.1.10 closed.

giuliano@balrog ~ $ ssh support@192.168.1.10
    support@192.168.1.10's password:

Then issue the above commands and WinSCP using the support account and currently set password.

Now I just have to parse through a very ugly and long file to remove what is actually needed.

• 4.  RE: Export of personal Good and Bad Senders lists - SMG 10.5.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2015 01:16 PM

Can you provide a case number? The appliance is not end of support, so it sounds like we need to clarify this with whomever told you that.