Video Screencast Help

Exporting to original mailbox... is this the same bug as PST export?

Created: 02 Jan 2013 • Updated: 02 Jan 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

[EDIT: attached a trace log of a failed export]

[EDIT 2: attached a ZIPped trace log of a failed export]

Hi all

My environment is Exchange 2010 SP2 RU3, Enterprise Vault 10.0.1.

I'm getting the following error when exporting items to their original mailbox (this is from the Event Log):

"Error restoring Saveset during export operation. 

 

 

 
Job Id: Exp1_20130102145523 
Vault Name: <removed>
Vault Id: 1CF4C8FE2CEE88647B961C6A0F6A8E5D31110000icev1 
Saveset Id: 201107221328510~200407131617220000~Z~60DCC63D0EA4257DC8FF42BBC7C1A281 
Reference: FMP/MAPI/SC "

I see in the release notes for 10.0.2 that something similar has been fixed:

 

"Some non-fatal errors in legacy items caused the Export Archive wizard to fail during export to PST file [Ref 15425, R14204, E2661842]
 
During export to a PST file, if the Export Archive wizard encountered non-fatal errors on certain legacy mail items, it treated the errors as fatal and the export failed.
 
This has been fixed."

Interestingly, the export to PST of the same vault proceeded without error.

It looks like the same bug, but perhaps it isn't.

Would 10.0.2 have a good chance of fixing it do you think?

If not, what can I do to dig deeper into the issue?

Thanks

Richard

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

It seems like a similar issue from what you have reported.  Have you looked for the error in thet trace? Have you opened a support case?

 

Which release notes have you taken the bits in bold out of?

rasobey's picture

Hi Rob

The words came from Updates_en.htm, which also contain at the top "This document describes the changes introduced in Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 (service pack 2 for Enterprise Vault 10.0).".

The trace does contain those words. Well, it contains the error wording that came from the event log.

I haven't opened a case yet - I am planning on doing a 10.0.2 upgrade anyway with the help of our partners, so i was just wondering if I should wait, or have this investigated properly.

Richard

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Well if you wait and have it investigated properly you can pretty much guarantee that *if* it is a different issue then it is unlikely to result in a fix being released for EV 10.0.1 - it would be released as a 10.0.2 or 10.0.3 service pack (10.0.3 is due 'soon').

 

There is a cumulative update post 10.0.2 as well - which you might want to consider.

 

Just my opinion.

SOLUTION
rasobey's picture

I dont' know if you're allowed to expand on that soon comment... hmmm :)

But yes, I will upgrade ASAP and then re-evaluate my position.

Thanks for your input Rob.

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Last thing I read on these forums (from Alex Brown, I think) was 'January 2013'.