Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 13, 2011 01:38 AM

Hi, I have installed all the prequisites of CCS 10.5,after that i followed all the installation steps as per the installation guide,but finally when i am launching the symantec console,it is giving me error that "Unable to Launch : Error in downloading application requirement files".When i searched the same error across google i got to know that first i need to start the application server.When i tried to run the application server,it is giving me error that connection failed to ADAM server.Is it like i need some credentials to connect to ADAM Server ,if yes than please tell me where i can get those credentials because while installation of ADAM SP1,it didn't show/ask me regarding any credentials and no such folder also has been created inside the installation drive through which i might have got to know.Please reply soon...Thanks in advance!!!

• 2.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 13, 2011 09:41 AM

Wrong forum, I will move this over to the CCS forum for you.

• 3.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 13, 2011 04:23 PM

The error, Unable to load configuration file is displayed during CCS console launch from a remote computer - TroubleshootingDuring launch of the CCS console from the remote computer, the following error can occur:

Unable to launch the console

Details:Error occurred while downloading application configuration file

As a workaround for this issue you can do the following:

Verify whether the Application Server Service is running

Ensure that the SPN settings are correct

For more details about the SPN settings, refer to the topic, Configuring Service Principal Names of the CCS Installation Guide.

Just as a suggestion you can also find answers to error messages in the Symantec Support pages

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO41791&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1302725951907  (link to the webpage that has the stuff posted above)

Link to all answers returned based on the error message you supplied

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=answers&startover=y&question_box=Unable+to+Launch+%3A+Error+in+downloading+application+requirement+files&product_finder=Control+Compliance+Suite+Windows&productselectorkey=53741&myclicker.x=0&myclicker.y=0

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=53741 (ccs windows support page)

• 4.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 17, 2011 10:00 PM

Hi there.

Trying chaning the account running the Application Server. I have had Local Service running it and I change it to a dedicated account with rights to the SQL.

Hope it helps.

Joshua

• 5.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 25, 2011 09:36 AM

While clicking on the installable demoshield i am getting the following error information.

-unable to connect to crl.vrisign.com

-unable to verify SPN for directory support service

For the above things internet connection is required which is already available and SPN is also configured as per the manual.

Please help me in these issues,have attached the screenshots of those error messages.

• 6.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 25, 2011 11:55 PM

While clicking on the installable demoshield i am getting the following error information.

For the above things internet connection is required which is already available and SPN is also configured as per the manual.

Please help me in these issues,have attached the screenshots of those error messages.

Thanks in Advance! :)

• 7.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 25, 2011 11:57 PM

Hi Joshua..Thanks a'lot! Need your help in some more queries.

• 8.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted Apr 27, 2011 11:29 AM

I think you should get familiar with the KB page, it will be of great value when an error message comes up and could link you to an article that has a solution listed with step by steps to take.

Here is the link for one of the support pages

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=53741

It comes in handy each time I have an issue. I typed in the first line of the error and got this

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH156893&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1303918109365

For the SPN , here is how you can verify it

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH134268&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1303917989315

• 9.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted May 02, 2011 02:02 AM

Kevin,Those links which you provided were really helpful..Thank a'lot for your support!!!

• 10.  RE: Facing Issue while launching symantec console of CCS 10.5

Posted May 12, 2011 10:48 AM

I also see this from CCS console client if reverse DNS is not setup or DNS is borked in general.

Add the App server into the hosts file on the workstation trying to connect and off you go... if adding the SPN's wasn't your problem.