Failed to connect the database server in SEPM
I Can't Start "Symantec Embedded Database" service.
I TRIED THE FOLLOWING STEPS i got "CONNECTION FAILED DATABASE SERVER NOT FOUND# PLS GUIDE ME..............TO SOLVE TIS ISSUE
- Verify that the Symantec Embedded Database service is running and that the dbsrv9.exe process is listening on TCP port 2638
- Test the ODBC connection.
- Open Control Panel > Administrator Tools
- Double click Data Sources (ODBC)
- On the System DSN tab, double-click SymantecEndpointSecurityDSN
- On the Database tab, type in the Server name (computer name) of your Manager, where the database resides. If computer name does not work, try the IP number or fully qualified domain name. (Version 11.0.5002.333 or newer, add SPC_ to the beginning of the server name. If the SPC_ prefix is not included, you will receive the error: "Database Server Not Found")
- On the Login tab, supply the user ID and password for the Symantec Embedded Database (defaults to the first admin password you ever used for the SEPM).
User ID: dba
Note: If the “Encrypt password” box on the Login tab is not checked, your password will be stored as plain text in the Windows registry.
- On the Network tab, confirm that TCP/IP is checked and the value has either HOST= or IP= with your server's IP (127.0.0.1 is also acceptable).
- Leave the defaults for the rest of the items and return to the ODBC tab
- Click Test Connection , it should return "Success"
- Click OK
THANKS TO ARVIND KM
IT S STRATED TO WORKING FINE
BY FOLLOWING SOLUTION..........
Verify if there is any running instance of dbsrv9 in the Task Manager > Processes tab. If yes, then end that process
Start the Embedded database service. ( If this does not resolve the issue, then follow the steps listed below )
Go to "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\" and rename sem5.log to sem5.log.old
Click Start, click on Run and Type "CMD" then click OK
In the Command Prompt type: "CD C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\" and press Enter this will change directories to the folder containing dbsrv9.exe.
To force the recreation of sem5.log. Type: "dbsrv9 -f "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db" and press Enter
Click Start, click on Run and Type "services.msc" then click OK and start the Symantec Embedded Database Service
Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service