Failed to connect the database server in SEPM
I Can't Start "Symantec Embedded Database" service.
I TRIED THE FOLLOWING STEPS i got "CONNECTION FAILED DATABASE SERVER NOT FOUND# PLS GUIDE ME..............TO SOLVE TIS ISSUE
- Verify that the Symantec Embedded Database service is running and that the dbsrv9.exe process is listening on TCP port 2638
- Test the ODBC connection.
- Open Control Panel > Administrator Tools
- Double click Data Sources (ODBC)
- On the System DSN tab, double-click SymantecEndpointSecurityDSN
- On the Database tab, type in the Server name (computer name) of your Manager, where the database resides. If computer name does not work, try the IP number or fully qualified domain name. (Version 11.0.5002.333 or newer, add SPC_ to the beginning of the server name. If the SPC_ prefix is not included, you will receive the error: "Database Server Not Found")
- On the Login tab, supply the user ID and password for the Symantec Embedded Database (defaults to the first admin password you ever used for the SEPM).
User ID: dba
Note: If the “Encrypt password” box on the Login tab is not checked, your password will be stored as plain text in the Windows registry.
- On the Network tab, confirm that TCP/IP is checked and the value has either HOST= or IP= with your server's IP (127.0.0.1 is also acceptable).
- Leave the defaults for the rest of the items and return to the ODBC tab
- Click Test Connection , it should return "Success"
- Click OK