Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Failed connection with SQL SERVER 2008 R2

Created: 28 May 2013 | 5 comments

I have a SQL Server DB Server, and the user account I want to use will not let me see the databases, I have given permissions:

+ SYSADMIN

+ DB_OWNER (no meeting)

+ Security admin

+ public

've had in the user structure, such as:

user

domain / user

Any suggestions that I can leave and where they modify.

Thanks for your time.

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

JavierTI's picture

friends,

add this image showing the distribution of the network, and in domains where are the Backup and SQL Server, your support will be very helpful.

Regards,

RED_BE_SQL.jpg
pkh's picture

Have you enabled Windows authentication for the SQL instance? Also, have you tried to log in to the SQL instance with the id that you have created and verify that is can see the databases?

VJware's picture

Are Named Pipes & TCP/IP enabled on the SQL server ? If not, enable them via cliconfg & restart the SQL services for the changes to take effect.

JavierTI's picture

I'm testing, I have a doubt would have anything to do Trust Relationship between domains???

JavierTI's picture

Good day, perform the above tests but could not access then what I did was put the BE 2012 in the domain where is the SQL Server and gave permissions to the user and I could see all my databases. It is not the most optimal but needed a positive outlet. If you have any problems just let us know.

Thanks Colleagues.