Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Failed to update license in CCS 10.5

Posted Jan 24, 2011 07:12 AM
    Hi, I have installed CCS 10.5 + RMS with temporary license and now I received new license and when I entered it to RMS server it went succesfully but on the CCS server I received this error: Failed to install the new license into the license store. The license file already exists in ADAM license storage. But I haven't entered it before never I see it in the Setting--> licenses page. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Failed to update license in CCS 10.5
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2011 08:48 AM

Hi,

CCS Licenses are stored in the ADAM database. Follow these steps to reolve this issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH115686&locale=en_US

All the best !!!!

• 3.  RE: Failed to update license in CCS 10.5

Posted Jan 24, 2011 09:47 AM

Good link above about the ADAM database.

If you have to clean out a license for RMS you can find it on the

\\<servername>\c$\ProgramData\Symantec Shared\Licenses

I've had to clear out old licenses from there in the past to fix and issue, though I think its easier in RMS to add another license than the ADAM issue you listed

• 4.  RE: Failed to update license in CCS 10.5

Posted Jan 25, 2011 03:57 AM

Hi,

Yes that  link for CCS license file deletion from adam should help. Just to add that it applies to ccs 10.5 too!!!

• 5.  RE: Failed to update license in CCS 10.5

Posted Jan 25, 2011 08:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

It's working great for ccs 10.5 also.

Is there some explanation about all the fields/folders I see in the o=Symantec?

• 6.  RE: Failed to update license in CCS 10.5

Posted Feb 01, 2011 05:03 AM

You will need to call support to get Licenses - This is not provided with product