Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Faulting application aexauditpls.exe version 6.1.1081.0

Posted Mar 18, 2010 08:14 AM
    I had a problem with a couple of servers last week receiving the screenshots from the images below.  Has anyone had this problem before and if so, were you able to resolve it?

• 2.  RE: Faulting application aexauditpls.exe version 6.1.1081.0

Posted Mar 18, 2010 11:29 AM
    You have hardware issues.  Is the server that generated the above errors a virtual, or physical?  In either case, where are the disks located?  I would check for bad sectors.  If the disks are not located on the same box as the server, it's also possible that it's a network issue -- but disk is most likely.

• 3.  RE: Faulting application aexauditpls.exe version 6.1.1081.0

Posted Mar 18, 2010 03:45 PM

when the WMI is corrupt, and Altiris will bomb when scanning.

• 4.  RE: Faulting application aexauditpls.exe version 6.1.1081.0

Posted Mar 18, 2010 03:53 PM
    I agree with mclemson, either the physical disk is bad or you have some underlying disk driver issue.  if this is a VM, I have seen similar strangeness before due to overloaded VMware hosts.

The other possibility is that virusscanning is interfering with the AuditPlus scan.  Try disabling AV while the scan runs as a test, or exclude the AeXAuditPls.exe from being scanned by antivirus.

The other possibility is that this is an Invneotry 6.1 SP2 defect which was not corrected in SP3 (per your version information, you're on SP3).  See AKB40713 for a record of this issue. 

One last suggestion would be to review the aeXAuditPls.nsi file which was created to see where in the directory structure the error is occurring.  There may be a case to add some additional exclusions (i.e. C:\System Volume Information, which should be exluded already but may not be).

• 5.  RE: Faulting application aexauditpls.exe version 6.1.1081.0

Posted Mar 27, 2010 10:20 AM

gtingen,
    Any updates?  Did you try swapping out the aexauditpls.exe with the one from the above KB I linked to?