Video Screencast Help

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

betancourth's picture

I am planning on moving from BE 12.5 to NB 7 as well.  Any imput will be appreciated.

teiva-boy's picture

There is little avail from Symantec that details out exact differences, but I'll bite...

BE2010 dedupe has a limit of 16TB of deduped data, where as NBU7 is 32TB.
NBU7 can still handle VCB, BE2010 pretty much removed it in favor of vSphere/vStorage
BE2010 supports only about 1/5th of the non-Windows OS's compared to NBU7 (e.g.BE no longer supports HPUX, AIX)

Come to think of it, this list would take me hours thinking of each and every little thing I can remember...  

Is there a particular feature you are looking for.  It's usually business requirements that dictate the solution...

There is an online portal, save yourself the long hold times. Create ticket online, then call in with ticket # in hand :-) http://mysupport.symantec.com "We backup data to restore, we don't backup data just to back it up."

HEMANPR's picture

If you have a little company or little business without tapes library or SAN storage, we recommend Backup Exec, more easily, user friendly and more cheap. Netbackup 7 licenses are very expensive. In my case, Anually I pay 35k just in licenses for Netbackup.

I speak just for the prices, on all others, Netbackup its the Best Backup Software

Please MARK AS SOLUTION If my Post Help You. I use the following Symantec Products: Veritas Netbackup 7.5 On Windows Enterprise 2003 SP2 - / - Symantec EndPoint 12.1.100.157 RU1 On Windows Standard 2003 SP2 - / - Symantec&nb