Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

FEEDBACK - SMBG v8.01 - Brazilian SPAN not recognized!!!

• 1.  FEEDBACK - SMBG v8.01 - Brazilian SPAN not recognized!!!

Posted Jun 23, 2009 03:21 AM
    Hi all,

first of all, about me: I have lot experience from technician background and now a customer asked (sales field) me about Anti-Spam solution. I would like to say that the program is the best on detection of 'ENGLISH' SPAM´s, but it dont reconize 1% of Brazilian spams!!! It is a nightmare!

I´m using SYMANTEC SPAM PLUG-IN FOR OUTLOOK on my outlook with a mailbox (spam@domain....) where came SPAM filtered by anoter solution (Ironport), in this weekend after submmit about 5.000 Braziliam spams throught plug-in, I see a little bit better recognition of spam...
    But it´s a problem because I have to manually search on MESSAGE AUDIT LOGS and to locate spam´s to catch the sender e-mail address and to block with LOCAL BAD SENDERS option...
    We have a lot of spam with the same content but from different sender! Some spans dont have sender e-mail addres!!!

>>> I would like to suggest the DELEVOPER TEAM to create a way to submmit e-mails from "LOCAL BAD SENDER" to Symantec Security Response Center!! Another way to accomplish that could be create a NEW POLICE that ALLOW forward a copy of message from LOCAL BAD SENDERS to spam mailbox (for in another setp, submit to SRC).

>>> I another problem is that it´s impossible to see a report for one domain only! Our customer in this project have 2 internet domaind and wanna know what MAILBOX´S from domainA or domainB receive more spams than another!!! It´s impossible by REPORT/SPAM/TOP RECIPIENT DOMAINS...

>>> It will be better if on the SPAM QUARENTINE had a FILTER field for VEREDICT, because SPAM´s there stored can be from "SPAM" filter or 'SUSPECT SPAM' filter. At this moment, I need change the URL from SPAM/QUARENTINE to STATUS/MESSAGE AUDIT LOGS and re-search for to know!!!

Tks,

Renato Pereira

• 2.  RE: FEEDBACK - SMBG v8.01 - Brazilian SPAN not recognized!!!

Posted Jun 23, 2009 11:01 AM
    Hi Renato,

Firstly, thanks for the detailed post.
    Secondly, these are all great suggestions.  What i'd like you to do is post them individually under the "Ideas" section of the Connect site (see the tab up there ^^).
    Using the Ideas portal allows other customers to vote for things that they'd like to see in the product.

Regarding your effectiveness questions:

Are you using the Adaptive Reputation Management system?

I'd also suggest you call into support and see if they can help you with this.

Hope that helps,

//Ian