Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  File Acces issues on Server 2008 32 bit with Symantec ver 11.0.4014.26

Posted Apr 13, 2009 11:29 AM

I still having issues with accessing shared files from my 2008 sever using a XP pro PC. I have applied the fix "2008_32-bit_fix.zip" and still nothing. Prior to this Sunday 4/12/09 r 20 definitions I was able to open certain files at a time. No one can access any files on the server, I need some assistance.

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: File Acces issues on Server 2008 32 bit with Symantec ver 11.0.4014.26

Posted Apr 15, 2009 07:54 AM
    Did u install NTP also??

If yes, kindly disable it and then check.

Rgrds,
    SAM

• 3.  RE: File Acces issues on Server 2008 32 bit with Symantec ver 11.0.4014.26
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2009 11:08 AM
    Did you do the following ?

1. Stop the "Symantec Endpoint Protection" service via services manager (services.msc)
    2. Extract the contents of the 32-bit folder to a temporary folder.
    3. Proceed to the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SRTSP\" folder and rename the following files:

SavRT32.dll -> SavRT32.dll.bak
    Srtsp32.dll -> Srtsp32.dll.bak

4. Copy SavRT32.dll from the temporary folder to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SRTSP\"
    5. Copy Srtsp32.dll from the temporary folder to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SRTSP\"

6. Proceed to the "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\" folder and rename the following files:

srtsp.sys -> srtsp.sys.bak
    srtspl.sys -> srtspl.sys.bak
    srtspx.sys -> srtspx.sys.bak

5. Copy srtsp.sys from the temporary folder to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\"
    6. Copy srtspl.sys from the temporary folder to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\"
    7. Copy srtspx.sys from the temporary folder to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\"

8. Start the "Symantec Endpoint Protection" service via services manager (services.msc)
    9. Make sure that the "Symantec Endpoint Protection" service starts successfully.
    10. Reboot the computer.

Also please let me know the features installed of Symantec endpoint on your XP machine and on the Windows 2008 machine.

If you have installed the Network Threat Protection, Pro Active Threat Protection on any of them....then please go to the control panel..add/remove programs and uninstall these features. Try it only on one test machine

If you face any issue in uninstalling these features refer to this link.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007110814373848

Thanks

Sandip