Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Final error: 0xe0000383 - Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows.

Created: 25 Sep 2013 | 7 comments

I am trying to back up folders from my NAS. I am using credentials that have all the access needed (domain admin, local admin, log on as batch job, etc.). I test the credentials and it is successful on the NAS but unsuccessful on each folder (it cannot "log on" to a folder). I did a test backup and it failed. It is giving me the error in the subject and i cannot seem to find a work around.

Any ideas?

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Does that account has complete permissions on the NAS box? Can you access those folders as a Windows Share using that account and make changes.

lmosla's picture

Hello,  what version of Backup Exec are you using?  Can you physically access these folders?

storm.beasley's picture

Jaydeep S - The account does have complete permissions to the NAS and the SAN. I can also access the files/folders and read/write/edit etc..

Imosla - Backup Exec 2012, version 14.0 Rev. 1798. I can physically access the folders on the backup server with the same log on credentials.

I did get a recommendation with a friend who has ran into a similiar issue with Backup Exec 2010 in the past. He recommended to bounce the server or restart the symantec services. Could that be a possible fix?

storm.beasley's picture

Rahul Kumar1 - Ive followed all those steps and still have no success.

storm.beasley's picture

I tried using my own credentials yesterday evening and had no luck.