Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed- on restore - BE 2012 SP1a

Created: 09 Nov 2012 | 8 comments

Hi

It is impossible to restore data under BE 2012 SP1a  (all the updates are installed).

I am fighting this issues for monthes now.

Backup to tape is working without any issue, but when trying to restore (with True Image Restore)  - the restore failed with this error:

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Now, our workflow is Full+Incremantal bu's using the "Using Catalogs" option. (Advanced Disk Backup Option).

The reason i purchsed the ADBO option (the name has changed to Enterprise server option in BE 2012) is to be able to use Tru Image Restore.

On the Restore menu - i choose to restore the entire catalog of that job - meaning i want to be able to "see" and restore all the files that were back up'ed in both the full and the incremantal BU's.

This is working without any issues on BE 2010 R3 - which we have installed on a diffrent server.

Any idea before i downgarde to BE 2010 R3, as much as i like the new UI, and the ability to configure both full and incremantal on the same screen, i must know i can restore the files when ever i need to...

We are dealing with that for at least 3 montes, meanwhile support guys told me not to use the Advanced Open Files option - so i have tried all advanced open files scenarions, with and without advnaced open files, using System snapshot provider, using Hardware snapshot provider- the result is always the same. the restore job failed.

Thanks

Dori

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

dori_bashan's picture

i looked at it

but we are not using ADBO and we are not using offhost backup

this is a local backup only and we turned off ADBO and offhost backup

VJware's picture

Backup to tape is working without any issue, but when trying to restore (with True Image Restore)  - the restore failed with this error:

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Now, our workflow is Full+Incremantal bu's using the "Using Catalogs" option. (Advanced Disk Backup Option).

Would you confirm then what are you backing up & True Image Restore applies to ADBO..

dori_bashan's picture

No

We are not working with ADBO at all.

We are backup up only locally, ADBO is turned off in the job settings.

We have the Enterprise Server option installed, so we are using "Using Catalogs" to have true image restores.

VJware's picture

TIR is enabled for synthetic backups...would you please confirm if you are performing synthetic full + incr...and would you pls post a screenshot of the restore selections..

dori_bashan's picture

We are not using synthtic backups

we are using full+incremantal backups

:from the help of BE 2012

Using catalogs

Backup Exec uses the Windows Change Journal to determine if a file has changed since the last time it was backed up. Backup Exec compares path names, modified times, deleted and renamed files and folders, and other attributes. If the Change Journal is not available, Backup Exec compares the file information to previous catalogs to determine if it has changed. This method is required for synthetic backups and true image restore. It is the most thorough method, but it takes more time to run. 

True Image Restore can be used without synthtic backups

Restore selection print screen attached.

Dori

BE 2012 RESTORE.jpg