Video Screencast Help

Final Error: 0xe000942a - Backup Exec did not find any resources to include in the backup. Check the backup selections for this job to make sure it includes resources that are available for backup

Created: 27 Jul 2014 • Updated: 28 Jul 2014 | 5 comments

Good Afternoon,

Recently, i upgraded from BackupExec 2012 to 2014. Since upgrading, i am no longer able to apply the backup agent to my desktops. All of the desktop computers that previously backed up, now fail with the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000942a - Backup Exec did not find any resources to include in the backup. Check the backup selections for this job to make sure it includes resources that are available for backup.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37930

I am also unable to establish a trust with the remote agent. However, I am able to successfully push the install/update agent to the computer. i noticed that the problem seems to be occuring because the Remote Agent Service Crashes on the remote computer. When opening "Backup Exec Utility Agent" on the remote computer, I receive the following error:

"Cannot obtain settings for the Agent for Windows publishing from the registry"

Then when i check the services, the Backup Exec Remote Agent Services is not running. I can restart the service, but it promptly crashes leaving an error in this error in the event log:

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d644

Faulting module name: ndmpcomm.dll, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d641

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000204a9

Faulting process id: 0x76c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa781c0fc670f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\ndmpcomm.dll

Report Id: 48445150-1375-11e4-980d-001aa0da8d9f

 

I have tried reinstalling the application multiple times with no success. I uninstalled completely, pushed the agent from the computer and receive the same errors. I tried manually installing the Agent from the RAWS folder and i receive the same errors. I am able to Telnet from the desktop to the server on port 10000 successfully so i don't believe the firewall is blocking it. Furthermore this same exact problem occurs on 30+ computers that are all windows 7 desktop computers.

Please help me find a solution. Let me know what other information/logs i need to apply.

 

Thank you!

 

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hi,  If there is antivirus running make exclusions for the following processes:

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\benetns.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\pvlsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BkUpexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe  
also beremote on the desktops

Try running a repair of the Backup Exec installation from Programs and Features.

Does this job include all the desktops in one selection list?  Try running a smaller job 

If this doesn't help I recommend creating a support case so this can be investigated.

pkh's picture

Are you able to telnet from the media server to the remote machine using port 10000?

Although it may not be related to your problem, did you purchased and installed a remote agent licence for each of your remote machines?

VJware's picture

Pls ensure the BE media server and the remote agent is updated with hotfix 217591.

Link to the HF - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217591

If the issue occurs even after installing this HF, would recommend to log a formal support case for us to investigate the remote agent crash.

Stx0211's picture

I tried to update the server with hotfix 218257. However, the hotfix fails to load due to the following error: "msxml3.dll failed to load". I tried reinstalling MSXML3.0 and reregistering the .dll, but that did not fix the update failure. Once i get the update to go through, i will test hotfix 218257, to see if that resolves the problem. If not, i will see about opening a formal case.

DESCC Systems Department's picture

I have the same problem on just one of my servers. Server 2008, with agent on exchange 2007SP3. My Agent crashes as soon as the job tries to run.