finding advices for backup strategy
I am new to backup world, so it is helpful if you can give me advices on how to decide a backup strategy if the requirements are:
- Off-site archieve backup yearly
- Off-ste archieve backup monthly
- Be able to restore at any point in time within 30days
Note: i am using BE2012 + 24 slot Dell tape library - LT05
What i think now is to creat media set as below and backup schedule accordingly
- Yearly backup (Full backup) : at the last Friday of year ( Saturday and Sunday are weekend, no need to backup)
- Overwrite protection : no overite
- Append period : 2 days ( it takes 2 days for backup full system)
- Monthly backup (full backup): at the last Friday of month. But if it is the last friday of year, yearly job will take place
- Overwrite protection : 1 year ( this tape can be used for next year, for example "January")
- Append period: 2 days
- Weekly backup (full backup): at every friday. But if it is the last friday of year or month, yearly or monthly job will take place
- Friday1: OPP = ??? ; APP = 2 days
- Friday2: OPP =???; APP = 2days
- Friday3 OPP= ???; APP = 2 days
Note: i am sure which is the approriate number for OPP of friday1...3. Can you advices me on this?
- Daily backup ( incremential backup)
- Happen from Monday to Thurday
- Use 16 tapes, each for Monday1, Tuesday1,..... Wednesday4, Thursday4.
- OPP : 1months, APP: 1 day
Thanks in advance for your help.