Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Firewall Status not install in Symantec endpoint protection 12.1.3XXX

Created: 10 Sep 2013 • Updated: 10 Sep 2013 | 7 comments

Hi All,

I've a SEP management Server at windows server 2012 in amazon and we have two location for the clients, I have a problem in one location only when I have installed the symantec client on wondows 7 machine then its giving message on all machine" Firewall status not installed or Firewall is malfunctioning".

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Have you tried running a repair via add/remove programs on the client?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Mohd Saleem's picture

Thanks Mr _Brian

I have done repair via add/remove programs on the clients but its not working also i have try following steps:

Remove the  Network Threat Protection (NTP) component, then reboot the machine and install it again.

1. Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Change > Modify >  Network Threat Protection > Entire feature will be unavailable.
  2. Reboot
  3. Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Change > Modify >  Network Threat Protection > Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive. 

but both are not working ideas.

Thanks and Regards--

Mohd Saleem

.Brian's picture

was an upgrade from a previous version done?

have you tried running cleanwipe on the affected machine?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Mohd Saleem's picture

@ _Brian

No, its not a upgrated version, its Fresh new installed server and also used new new client package,

I have not tried cleanwipe on the affected machine bacause lot of  machine are affected from this.

Thanks and Regards--

Mohd Saleem

Mohd Saleem's picture

tried that and it giving error message at the time of driver installation: " Could not add the requested feature. The error is: The name is alreasy in use as either a service name or a esrvice display name.

error image attached:

can you please advise me?

running windows 7 64 bit symatec 12.1.3001.165

IMG_11092013_131208.png

Thanks and Regards--

Mohd Saleem

James007's picture

HI,

If this problem happend Lot of machine You can logged support case symantec technical support Team.