Video Screencast Help

Force Enable SEP Add-On via GPO for Firefox and Chrome

Created: 08 May 2014 • Updated: 16 May 2014 | 4 comments

I have tried adding this via GPO by adding {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} with a value of 1 after finding this thread https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/browser-intrusion-prevention-add-problem#comment-5861811.

This does not seem to apply, is there another way to attempt to do this via GPO that someone can help me with?  It applies to IE fine but I was hoping there is a way to also add this for Firefox and Chrome, any info would be greatly appreciated.  Currently running SEP client and manager both on version 12.1.4100.4126.105

Thanks,

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

The only one I've seen is for IE (which you linked).

BTW, Chrome is not supported on browser IPS, only IE and FF.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

huskietech's picture

Thanks for the reply, we can scratch chrome then because we rarely ever use that browser on any workstations (really only use it for testing purposes).   However, I would love to hear the possiblity of getting this enabled for Firefox because it is our secondary browser for almost all workstations.

SMLatCST's picture

A quikc google for "firefox gpo add-on management" returns some likely results (in the form of administrative templates for Firefox).

As the Symantec responses to the linked thread states, this is more a browser add-on issue than a SEP one.

PGP_Ben's picture

moving thread, was in Endpoint Encryption forum for some reason.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.