Frequent media errors code 84
*** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/veritas-netbackup-console-frequently-getting-media-write-error-84-too-many-data-blocks-writte ****
Just need a small clarification.
In the same scenario below things have been done
1. Upgraded the firmware of LTO4 tape drive to latest firmware.
2. Upgraded the HBA card of the firmware which is connected.
3. Checked media and no problem with it.
4. SAN environement is also OK.
5. Even I have provided the correct SCSI reservation for media type in netbackup.
But even after doing same things still we are getting frequent media errors code 84 on alternate occasion.
So my question is
1. Is there can be problem with the file level inconsistence?
2. The issue we are facing is only on AIX server, but while writting data of solaris server is not giving media write error on the tape, so what can be issue?
3. Is any further things which we can check for the resolving the issue?