Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Getting a CCS 10.5.1 precondition to return a pass

Posted Oct 17, 2013 09:48 AM

I have a precondition set up in an AIX check.  

File contents %~ '/^[^#]+.*snmpd\s/' Where File Name (With Path) = '/etc/rc.tcpip' AND File Type = 'file' AND NoOfLinesToReturn = '0' with Missing Data Outcome being 'Manual Review' and Multiple Data Operator being 'OR'

The precondition works fine and returns an N/A as it's supposed to.  but in the scan results comes back as a fail.  is there a way to get a precondition to return a 'pass' in the scan results?  I have been searching in the forum for something to this effect as im pretty sure this has been covered before.  Unless im going about it the wrong way.  

We want to eval SNMP configurations if SNMP is enabled.  if SNMP isnt enabed in the rc.tcpip file, then we dont need to eval SNMP settings and this should just pass.  

maybe i am going about this the wrong way.  any suggestions?

thanks

Jason

• 2.  RE: Getting a CCS 10.5.1 precondition to return a pass

Posted Oct 17, 2013 10:42 AM

Ok, so i just figured out what was going on, i think.  i was testing the check by itself, and the results were comming back as 0.00%.  i added another check that actually passes and with the two (pass and N/A) the standard score comes back as 100%.  just as it should.  

:)

jason .

• 3.  RE: Getting a CCS 10.5.1 precondition to return a pass

Posted Oct 23, 2013 05:31 PM

You may not can do this with a pre-condition.  You may need to use 2 expressions where you have the regex and say E0:  if file contents !%~ <regex> where file name = /etc/rc.tcpip and NoOfLinestoreturn = 0 and E1 would be your expression to check your snmp configuration.  then the formula would be something like this:

If E0 then [TRUE] Else E1

If you need a Pass or fail if the condition doesn't exist then you basically have to do an If/Then statement.  you use a pre-condition if you don't want to check the machine if that condition doesn't exist.