Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Getting Duplicate Email Notifications After Job Completion. BE 2012

Created: 30 Apr 2013 • Updated: 03 May 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

After migrating our Backup Exec 2012 media server to a new server, we are now getting duplicate job completion emails for all backup jobs. The only place I have an email notification set to be sent is under each backup jobs notification setting. Under Alerts and Notifications I do not have any Alert Categories set to send email notifications. I actually have the Job Success category disabled here, and that's the one I'm having trouble with.

I followed the instructions for the migration using this article - www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=conte..., and I even deleted and recreated my backup jobs per this article - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag.... Needless to say I am at a loss as to why I am getting duplicate email notifications, so any help you folks can provide will be much appreciated. Below is the alert I am getting duplicates of for one of our jobs.

Backup Exec Alert: Job Success (Server: "NEEDLES") (Job: "needles-Full")

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

jrb1027's picture

Thanks VJ!

By removing the one recipient that was on a different domain fixed the duplicate message issue. However, this means I won't be able to send notifications to this off domain person. Are there any work arounds for this?

Thanks!

VJware's picture

You may try this workaround ~

Create a contact for the external user from Domain B in your Domain A (Where BE is installed). Then add Domain B email address under alias for this contact with a linked mailbox.

SOLUTION
jrb1027's picture

That will work, but I was curious if there was a solution within Backup Exec. My email notifications worked perfectly before I migrated to a different server, and I didn't need to create an alias on my Exchange server. No worries though; the solution provided is simple and will work just as well.

Thank you!