Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Getting an error while replicating SEPM 12.1 from Dc to dr

Created: 06 Nov 2012 • Updated: 24 Nov 2012 | 11 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hey guys,

I am facing an issue while replicating my sepm 12.1 database to my dr site .

which is having different ip address and host name.

i am getting an error 'unable to connect to server sepicified'.

i have attached the install_log.err and install_log.out file

any solution to this error.........

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

What version of SEPM is this?

Are you getting an errors in the SEPM?

Did you restart the SEPM service?

See this link:

https://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pa...

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Are you doing replication first time with dr site?  if yes could you try to install SEPM first on dr site?

After successful SEPM install run the management server wizard and initiate the replication.

Check this article for reference:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/r...

Check this article as well:

How to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(s) for replication

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105928 

Video :

Chetan Savade
Sr Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Nareshel's picture

Dear Brian

The version is 12.1 on both the servers

and yes i restarted the services on my dr server but it stops automatically after 2 seconds.

yes there is a firewall between the two servers

but the ports are already opened from my firewall but still the error is same

Nareshel's picture

Dear chetan

yes i am doing replication thing for first time

and i have already gone through the links u have given me

I have tried both the methods

that is after installation of sepm and before installing sepm

but still no solution.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Apologies for late reply.

Still you are facing the same issue?

As per your comment "and yes i restarted the services on my dr server but it stops automatically after 2 seconds" - SEPM service is up and running on dr site?

Chetan Savade

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

You should upgrade to the latest SEP version.

According to the fix notes of latest SEP version i.e. SEP 12.1 RU2, issue is resolved with this release

Replication site cannot login with the error: "Unable to connect to the server specified."
Fix ID: 2879943 / 2683207
Symptom: After configuring a replication partner via the Management Server Configuration Wizard, the replication site cannot login with the error: "Unable to connect to the server specified." The admin password included a special character, %, which is a reserved character for URLs.
Solution: Changed so that the special character is translated E58before sending out the password for remote login.

Reference: New fixes and enhancements in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Release Update 2
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199676

Chetan Savade

Nareshel's picture

hi chetan

i have tried both the ways 

1st is replicating while installing sepm 12.1 at that time the sepm service is running but when i get the error then again it dosent starts.

and 2nd is replicating after installing and configuring the whole sepm and then replicating by going to management configuration wizard.at that time the service is running fine and again stops when i get the fail error

and i have also changed special character password.

what i have done is i have created special id in my dc server for this replication giving full admin rights and plain text password.still no solution yet

i dont think so that it is an service issue because when i start the replication the request is comming to my dc server 

in my dc server it is growing the 14gb database and when it starts transferring to my dr server i am getting that error.so any help in this situation. 

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

You should upgrade to the latest version i.e. SEP 12.1 RU2, after an upgrade initiate the replication.

Chetan Savade

Nareshel's picture

hi pete

i can telnet 8443 port from my dr server to my dc server

but i cannot telnet to my dr server as the service is not started in dr server.

Nareshel's picture

Hey guys

the issue is resolved actually it was the bandwidth issue when i tried to replicate on night time it was replicating but was giving an 'failed to save the database error'.

Dont know why it was giving an error but when i replicated it on embedded database the replication was sucessfull and then transfered it into SQL database.

again i was facing an issue that the clients were not showing green dot on the symantec yellow shield i just transfered the outbox agent from my primary dc server to dr server and restarted the services now it is working fine

Thanks guys for ur participation in this case....

SOLUTION